SWET Summer Wednesday Evening Training
Wednesday 7.00pm – Leaves from various locations.
The SWET runs will resume in 2018 at the end of April.
The program so far is:
|25/04||Lions of Bledlow||Mark & Sue|
|02/05||Red Lion, Whiteleaf||Mark & Sue|
|09/05||Racquets, with Training Update after||Peter & Berwyn|
|16/05||Kings Arms, Stokenchurch||Ben & Shelley|
|23/05||The Pink & Lily, Lacey Green HP27 0RJ||Marie Pennell|
|30/05||TBC Spring Stagger||Graham & Rod|
|20/06||Thame 10K Route|
|27/06||The Pheasant at Brill||Anne Sprinz|
|11/07||Russel Arms, Butlers Cross Village Hall||Judith & Berwyn|
|25/07||Thame Runners Invitation Evening||Thame Runners|
|01/08||Club Handicap||Thame Runners|
|08/08||The Fisherman, Shabbington||Steph & Darren|
|15/08||The Bell, Chearsley||Reg K & Neil|
|22/08||Fox & Goat Tiddington||Berwyn & Peter|
A SWET run is a run across country side of about an hour duration, followed by a social in a local pub. It is a great way for new members to get to know everyone.
The table below shows all the locations where we have run in previous years. If you would like to host a run, please contact us.
|Swet run venue||Swet run venue|
|Lions of Bledlow||Lions of Bledlow|
|Golden Fleece, Saunderton.||The Red Lion, Whiteleaf.|
|Tring Invitation Evening||Old Leathern Bottle, Lewknor|
|Clifden Arms, Worminghall||Tring Invitation Evening.|
|Fat Fox, Watlington||Rose and Thistle, Haddenham.|
|The Swan, Great Kimble||Fat Fox, Watlington.|
|The Plough, Great Haseley.||The Peacock, Henton.|
|Old Leathern Bottle, Lewknor.||The Plough, Great Haseley.|
|Six Bells, Thame.||Three Horseshoes, Towersey.|
|Rose and Crown, Stone.||Thame Invitation Evening.|
|Thame Invitation Evening.||The Pheasant, Brill.|
|The Bell, Chearsley.||Waddesdon 5K.|
|The Pheasant, Brill.||Thame Runners Handicap|
|Thame Runners Handicap||Fat Fox, Watlington.|
|The Wheatsheaf, Chinnor.||The Wheatsheaf, Chinnor.|
|The Red Lion, Whiteleaf.||Spa Farm, Dorton|
|Rose and Thistle, Haddenham.||Cricketers Arms, Littleworth.|
|Three Horseshoes, Towersey.||Three Horseshoes, Towersey.|
|Bearbrook Invitation Evening.||Bearbrook Invitation Evening.|
A SWET run requires:
1) A pub happy to accommodate 30 runners and their cars on a Wednesday evening.
2) A circular route of around 7 miles, mostly off-road, and preferably with a longer/shorter option along the way.
- You are expected to organise a run from a pub with parking
- Notify the Landlord of our intentions to visit so we don’t get turned away! (Yes it has happened before)
- Advise the landlord of an increase of parking so we don’t upset the locals etc
- Duration for the off road run should be approx 1 hour to 1 hour ten minutes
- You will need to ‘buddy up’ with someone to allow for a route for faster and slow runners to enjoy their evening